Tuesday 7 May 2013

Errors of judgement....

Last week I published a blog that was never meant to hurt anybody, but the person it was about read it & feelings were hurt.
I did apologise to him, both publicly & privately. I had been looking forward to going on a date, not for your amusement of course, but because this is someone that I get on with & I like. This now has become a non starter for me.
So I have realised that I need to take more care when writing my blogs, I must think before I hit that publish button.
But as a caution to you all.....please read all the blogs, put what I am saying into perspective. I am not being malicious, I just tend to see the humour in the dates that I go on.

What makes a good date though?
Timekeeping is a good start, thinking about the person you are taking out, check that they will enjoy paint balling & that you tell them where they are going to be going? That way I won't have my high heels on if I should be wearing my trainers.....no I don't want to do a tandem bungee jump or see your stamp collection, you don't have to talk all the time, listening is good. I don't want to hear about your terrible past relationships, it's in the past for a reason, I don't need to share all my past learning curves, just so you are aware I never mistakes I only have learning curves.....
Be positive, be upbeat, but don't think you have to be entertain me all the time, sometimes quiet it good. Think about what it was that attracted you to the other person.
But finally enjoy the date & be yourself, there is no point pretending to be something you aren't you will get found out in the long run......

No comments:

Post a Comment